Fantasy is one of those genres that had a limited audience but thanks to releases of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit series, The Harry Potter franchise, and many more have attracted major crowds to the cinemas around the world. Since fantasy movies are so detailed, they are filled with as much information as possible.
Fans of these movies keep finding some details even today after all these years and they just make these movies more interesting. Here are some of the best small details from the fantasy movies that would make you want to rewatch them.
1. Gimli Wore His Father’s Helmet Shown In “The Hobbit” Throughout “LOTR”
Redditor u/Numerous-Lemon pointed out that, in The Hobbit: The Battle Of Five Armies (2014), Gloin wore a distinctive helmet in one scene. His son Gimli later went on to inherit it and wear it during The Lord of the Rings.
2. The White Witch’s Crown Melts As Her Power Fades In “Chronicles of Narnia”
3. That Time When Thootless was Hesitating In “How To Train Your Dragon”, Was Actually A Glitch!
According to Redditor u/blackmachine312, in the movie, Toothless showed a bit of hesitation and that was actually a glitch in the animation software. However, they decided to keep it in because they thought the timing fit perfectly.
4. The Ring From LOTR Is Much Bigger Than We Expected It To Be!
Redditor u/vTommy pointed out that, this was the giant ring that was used for close-ups in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring 2001
5. Harry’s Lighting Actually Continued In The Diary Scene In “Chamber Of Secrets.”
According to Redditor u/carsonphillip, In the Chamber of Secrets (2002), before Harry got sucked into Tom Riddle’s diary, he’s in a candle-lit room. When he is in the diary, everything is black and white, yet we can still see the candlelight flickering on his body.
6. They Put A Lot of Detail Was Put Into The Family Car In “Spirited Away”
As per Redditor u/Numerous-Lemon, In Spirited Awar (2001), the family car is based on the first-generation Audi A4 1.8T, from the mid-1990s. The production team even drove around an Audi A4 1.8T on some jagged roads and even recorded those sounds to make the film as accurate as possible.
7. Ginny Wore Pants in “Order of The Phoenix” Because All Her Clothes Are Hand- Me – Downs!
As pointed out by Redditor u/MariaRehan, In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Dumbledore’s Army: All the girls are wearing skirts except Ginny who is wearing pants; it was probably a hand- me- down from her brothers.
8. An Extra In “The Two Towers” Really Has A Missing Eye!
As per Redditor u/Tokyono, in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), in the battle of Helm’s Deep, one of the Rohan soldiers only had one eye. That was for real and not CGI. Peter Jackson let the extra Wayne Philips show off his condition.