“It is not about what we deserve it is about what we believe” – Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman 1984, also marketed as WW84, is an upcoming American superhero movie based on a DC character known as Wonder Woman.
It will be the sequel to 2017’s Wonder Woman and will also be the 9th installment in the DCEU.
Directed by Patty Jenkins along with scriptwriters Geoff Johns and David Callaham.
The movie is going to star Miss Israel 2004, Gal Gadot as the movie’s main protagonist.
Gal will be portraying Diana Prince / Wonder Woman’s role alongside Kristen Wiig, Chris Pine, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen in the supporting characters.
The film is set in the year 1984, during the Cold War, the film will follow Diana as she faces Cheetah and Maxwell Lord.
The conversation about the movie’s follow-up began back in June 2017 when the first Wonder Woman movie got released.
In the following month, it was decided that the movie will be made. So on June 13, 2018, the original photography began, with the movie-making that took place in England at the Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden.
The movie also got shot in various countries, like the United States, London, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia, and Duxford in England, Tenerife and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, and Almería in Andalusia, Spain.
Which got over on December 22, 2018, after six months of the shoot.
Additional filming took place back in July 2019. WW84 is set to release in the US by Warner Bros. Pictures in qualities like RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema, IMAX, and IMAX 3D.
The film is set to be released on October 2, 2020. As the movie is still to be released, it has been completed and is ready to be a blockbuster film like it’s the first part.
But before fans get to see this breathtaking movie, there are a few BTS secrets that we at Animated Time have gathered for fans to known before they hit the theaters.
Isn’t this stupefying…
Let’s find out 13 behind-the-scene secrets of wonder woman 1984.
1. The film isn’t a sequel to 2017’s Wonder Woman in a traditional sense — rather, it’s a “standalone adventure”, and will feel very different than the first thanks to the setting.
2. The movie opens in Themyscira with the “Amazon Olympics”, and we see Diana Prince competing in the huge event as a 10-year-old child.
3. The character of Diana Prince has changed significantly since the last film — she’s more understanding of humanity and the world in general, but she’s lonely.
4. We’re also going to see her with a better grasp on her own powers, as well as an “expansion of her abilities” as Wonder Woman.
5. We see the return of Steve Trevor — and, according to Gal Gadot, his relationship with Diana is “even more romantic and sexy” than last time.
6. As for Steve, he’s escaped the effects of the war and is “in a place of extreme openness”.
7. We get to see a new costume for Wonder Woman — a winged, golden suit of armour inspired by the comics — which Gal Gadot calls “freaking badass”.
8. There’s also one costume in the movie that pays homage to Lynda Carter, the iconic ’70s Wonder Woman, but it was actually a total accident.
9. Pedro Pascal appears as Maxwell Lord IV, “a fraudulent businessman selling the American dream”.
10. Meanwhile, Kristen Wiig appears as Barbara Minerva — aka Cheetah — a friend of Diana’s who goes rogue and shows up regularly in the comics.
11. The movie will naturally deal with issues of sexism and discrimination in the ’80s, but it’s not a focus.
12. That behind-the-scenes Breakfast Club photo was posted to Pedro Pascal’s Instagram completely by accident, but he didn’t get in trouble for it.
13. Finally — and most importantly — Steve Trevor will wear a fanny pack throughout the movie, and it was all Chris Pine’s idea.
During the Cold War in 1984, Diana princesses come into a dispute with two terrifying foes.
One of which is a media businessman Maxwell Lord and an old friend-turned-enemy Barbara Minerva aka Cheetah.
Also, while reuniting with her love interest Steve Trevor.
So the movie will primarily focus on the aftermath of the cold war and the fight between Wonder Woman and Cheetah.
As the first movie of wonder woman, which got released in 2017, became a massive hit on the box office, breaking all the records.
Earning $821.8 million worldwide and becoming one of the most successful movies of the DC Extended Universe.
Source: Ellie Bate