Marvel fans have been treated to some amazing superheroes and supervillains by several Hollywood actors. One such performance was by Jonathan Majors as ‘Kang the Conqueror’.
Well, he was previously mentioned as having a crucial role in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The multiversal saga’s entire Phase 6 will be based on Majors’ Kang the Conqueror, a powerful antagonist in the Marvel comics.
But as per recent information, this suggests that Marvel Studios didn’t initially plan for Majors to play such a significant part in MCU Phase 6. This can be majorly assured by Joanna Robinson, a writer and the author of the upcoming book, MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios. She recently discussed how the original plans were different and how the 33-year-old actor’s performance caused a change of heart.
For the unversed, Majors was arrested in late March of this year on suspicion of strangulation, assault, and harassment stemming from a dispute with his alleged girlfriend. His career has been severely affected by this, and it’s unclear at this point whether he will continue to play Kang, who is rumored to be the next major villain after Thanos.
Read More: Jonathan Majors Makes Public Appearance With DCU Star Meagan Good to Salvage Reputation Amidst Crashing Hollywood Career
Jonathan Majors Reportedly Made MCU Change Its Phase 6 Plan
Jonathan Majors was first introduced in Loki as Kang the Conqueror. His character advanced to a new level, thanks to the film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. He quickly emerged as a key figure in these plots that touched on the Multiverse. And it became apparent that he would be leading up to the upcoming Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.
However, Joanna Robinson, who is the author of MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios, recently made some intriguing claims on The Big Picture podcast. Robinson claimed to have heard “it was not the plan to make Kang the center of everything” throughout the MCU while speaking on the show.
Only after seeing “the dailies from [Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania] and after [Jonathan Majors’] performance in Loki” said to have changed the Marvel Studios executives’ minds about this. It made sense to center everything around Majors, according to performances, which were reportedly very strong.
“I was told by someone who works for Marvel, it was not the plan to make Kang the center of everything until they saw the dailies from ‘Quantumania‘ and after his performance in ‘Loki,’ which was so strong they were like, ‘This is it. This is our way forward. We’ve lost our varsity hero team, but let’s set up around this guy Kang and this performer that so many people are reacting to.’”
Read More: “The dots are dotting”: Fans Convinced Mystery Woman Jonathan Majors Allegedly Abused Was ‘Shazam’ Star Meagan Good
What Are Marvel Fans Saying About This?
Marvel hasn’t revealed what its initial plans are for MCU Phases 5 and 6. But as it turns out, Kang wasn’t the Multiverse Saga’s main focus until the first Jonathan Majors’ footage from Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania started to surface.
Therefore, it will be intriguing to see how Disney ultimately handles the Majors issue. For the time being, it’s intriguing to speculate about the possibility that they planned a Phase 6 that didn’t focus as heavily on Kang the Conqueror. Hopefully, more information will be available soon.
Fans have taken to Twitter to express their reactions to this revelation. A user stated,
“Now introduce Dr. Doom or Galactus as the big bad instead of Kang. Kang was great but villains like Doom and Galactus are much better than him.”
Now introduce Dr. Doom or Galactus as the big bad instead of Kang. Kang was great but villains like Doom and Galactus are much better than him.
— Superheroes2072 (@Garvit2005) May 23, 2023
Check out the reactions of others.
Yeah, Galactus would be great if they done it right and don't make him a cloud.
— Superheroes2072 (@Garvit2005) May 24, 2023
Yeah Kang was super lame anyway. I don’t understand why they went with him as the next villian.
— Darth Mal Media (@thedarthmal) May 26, 2023
Wait till secret wars dr doom going to appear and replace kang dr doom will be the next big bad villain
— RN4L ☠️ (@chupisJg) May 25, 2023
Good. His intro in antman was ass and I don’t think marvel fans are very excited for what was to come with his character anyways. Bring on Dr Doom!
— Dawson (@DawsonKing_) May 26, 2023
Kang was honestly crap in Ant-man 3, he wasn't written well at all.
— Shaun Matthew C (@coolcuk) May 23, 2023
Well, the public also claims that the studio has not yet made any decisions on the matter until the legal process is further along. So the plans to center Phase 6 around Majors are suddenly in trouble, as a result of this issue.
Also, take note that Majors has consistently refuted all of the accusations made against him. Even though he was featured at the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, he wasn’t in the recently released Loki second season trailer.
Read More: “This is it. This is our way forward”: Jonathan Majors’ Performance in Loki Was So Powerful Marvel Immediately Made Plans for Him to Replace Josh Brolin’s Thanos
The release of Loki Season 2 is planned for October.
Source- Twitter; The Big Picture Podcast